Skip to main content

When The Children's Cry and Mothers' Scream Echo Thru Duty Place, Silently


“Oh dear... those pieces of meat will NOT get fresh anywhere or anyhow... regardless how you examine it !”

Of course I kept this line to my heart, when the scene -- of a young lady picking up a package of beef, turning it left and right, up and down, in attempt to verify the freshness of those beef pieces --caught my sight.

It's one of the scenes that would keep me reminded, all my life.
.
= Advertisement =

= CONTINUE READING after advertisement =
.
How can the slaughtered meat remain  “freshed“ --*in it's true essense* --when the animals are already dead ? The slogan on the shelf puzzled me.

Of course it's only the ice of tip bergs. People have been doing this for generations. East and West countries. In Developed and some Third-world countries.

Look at the picture above. Do you see a striking resemblance to *something* ?
.
My recent assignment puts me at a supermarket store in one of the famous shopping malls in town. The place of my duty at there depends on the current conditions. Cubicle-free, mobile and flexible.

Just 1 week ago, my “duty station” was next to the merchandise shelf of some Japanese cookies and household peanut butter, with a rather spacious walkway in between both rows of shelves.

And last weekend when I arrived, I trolled my way around, only to find that my “duty station” was automatically switched to somewhere else, as a result of temporary shelf relocation within the store to cater for some minor store renovation.

An exclamation mark knocked my head when I found my new “duty station” is right before a shelf with rows and rows of packaged meat. Beef. Lamb. Chicken.  Pieces of slaughtered legs, thighs, bodies. Newly cut meat pieces. Meat hams. Meat sausages.

Next to the meat shelf is the butcher department where corpse meat are further chopped, weighed, pre-packaged or customized-package according to customers request. Oh yes, you read it right. I mean -- *corpse meat* -- all dead and slaughtered animals left only corpse. Yes ? No ?  ; )

Despite the air-cond is strong enough every now and then the smell of bloodshed would still leak out thru the walkway along the butcher department counter, and fill the air of the spaces around, at least 3 feets away from the butcher department.

.
It's not a new thing. The scenes presence before me now are really not much different from those at butcher stalls somewhere at Petaling Street that I occationally passed by from the roadside, as a kid, 2 decades ago.

Similar scenes. Exactly the same bloodshed smell that raised goose bump.
.
Customers who buy meat at there consist of some westerners and majority Malaysians, and especially --majority customers are female. Sometimes while I was on duty, there would be a customer or two asking me where the meat are placed. And for courtesy reason I would politely show them the direction.

Staffs at butcher department there consist of male and female workers. They deal with the cut and chop and split of meat pieces every single day, 11 hours a day. They're just following the standard operation procedures, the one of a butcher department. They're just doing their job for a living.

I was wondering if any of them had ever felt “weird” doing these tasks all day long. But once a while I noticed the frowned eyebrows that could not be hidden on the face of one of the staffs there, despite her very professional performance whenever dealing with customers at the counter.
.
Sounds of brushing and washing floor space from inner side of butcher department could be heard, about 3 or 4 times within the day. Yet the bloodshed smell still would not completely vanished after each session of cleaning.

.
It's not a new thing. People have been doing this for generations. As meat buyers. As meat eaters. Or at even limited choices, as butchers.  Our parents had been doing it. Most of us were fed and raised from a family background like this. 

It cycles through the entire food consumer market.

And I strongly believe that most of the meat buying customers here are good people. Caring and responsible mums and dads. With kind hearts and kind actions for other people.  Would not hesitate to contribute in saving people's life whenever possible.

.
Whenever I passed by walkways that are alongside meat shelves at other supermarkets, I would always move quickly and recite prayers for those already cut animals on displayed. 

What's the difference between graveyards for human and graveyards for dead mutilated animals ? 

Why would people be scared of passing by graveyards for human, and not for graveyards for dead mutilated animals ?

I was wondering.


.
I took a little time, after my duty hours finished, to take some glimpse at the meat shelf. For a long time I had been avoiding to confront with meat pieces such as these, every time I visits supermarkets. But this time I have no choice. Things happened for some reasons, I guess.

I stared at the plastic-packed meat pieces rows by rows. Pieces of chopped legs, thighs, and other body parts. Each of those package speak of the shattered families of the lambs, cows and chickens.

I heard the children's cry and mothers' scream echo silently, through the spaces around the meat shelf and butcher department.

“Na Mo Ami Tuo Fo. 
Na Mo Ami Tuo Fo. 
Na Mo Ami Tuo Fo. 
May these animals free from suffering of this Samsara and live happily forever.”

I recite prayers silently.
.
Is every family precious ?  
Is every mother/ father love the same ?

.
■ More related read
HERE>> Soul-crunching Lines from the Mothers


.
“In the silence of #Love ( #compassion ), you will find the spark of #Life” - Rumi

// Every Piece of your food matters. If you’re inspired to eat in a way that benefits our planet, and the people of the world, SHARE this article to your friends
//

■ To stay updated on more yummy food, health tricks, music and more :

Feel free to Like and Follow my Facebook Page HERE, tap FOLLOW > then tap SEE FIRST and you're done       

or Follow and Subscribe to my Blog HERE

Thank you for reading and sharing !  ; )

= Advertisement =

= CONTINUE READING after advertisement =
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitals And Medical Institutions in US to Ditch Meat, Eggs, Dairy - 2017 Annual AMA conference, Chicago

Another Breakthrough milestone achieved in the international medical and healthcare industry! . They are among the groups of forefront leaders in medical healthcare lines. They are the upholders of REAL truth with compassion and conscience, not afraid to speak up truth, in order to serve people of the world, be it directly or indirectly, thru various solid actions and initiatives. They believe that Preventive Health Care is the right direction towards sustainable living not only for human, but in turns the benefits extended to ALL other animal beings and the planet. . It took 100 years or more for global medical and healthcare communities to finally wake up to the reality and start taking much more proactive initiatives to promote plant-based dietary habits. = Advertisement = = CONTINUE READING after advertisement = On Sept 1907, New York Times published an article “Cancer Increasing Among Meat Eaters” based on a 7-year scientific study. Science and medical r

So Everyone Has A Mother and Every Mother Has A Child

Alright... So you were born by a mother. You probably have siblings as well. Do you love your mother ? Do you miss the times you had ever have with your mother and siblings ? If you have a mother, or you miss your mother, and even your siblings, keep reading. So every mother has a child... and every child has a mother. = Advertisement = = CONTINUE READING after advertisement = The following are the soul-crunching lines from some of the mothers, who are meat-eaters-turn-vegans, after some deeply-ingrained experience in their life. . My son was baptized the day he was born, with my family surrounding me. We took turns holding him... We took pictures, we held his tiny hands in ours— amazed at the tiny fingers and toes. But it couldn’t last and I knew eventually that I would have to call the nurse to come and get my son... and once I did, I would never hold my son again.  My motherhood was erased when Jonathon died, much like the way we erase the motherhood of anima

Grass Root People ◆ Veganism ◆ Paradigm Gap

It wasn't until the other night that I realized : in vegan movement there are still more work to be done -- at grass root level communities. . Long journey from the day. I was coming back to my staying area quite late, about nearing 10pm on that night. = Advertisement = = CONTINUE READING after advertisement = . There were still 20 minutes walking distance. Just wanted some quick plant-based food to fill my stomach while on my way back home. But eating place and food stalls were going to close for the day. A batch of curry puffs at a stall caught my eyes. The stall owner was going to pack things up and go home. Without second thought I walked over and asked this young Malay stall onwer if those curry puffs were still available for sale. He showed me some meat curry puffs, meatless potato puff and a few pieces of fried bananas. RM 0.40 per piece and RM 2 for 6 pieces. So I asked for the RM 2 option, with potato puffs only. He picked carefully from the remai